To get maximum results from emerald stone astrologers recommend wearing Emeralds on Wednesday mornings after sunrise, during Shukla Paksha, as Mercury, the Lord of this gemstone, controls this day.The lush green-coloured Emerald is one of the premium natural gemstones of the Navratna family.
Emerald, the stunning green gemstone, has captivated humans for centuries with its mesmerizing beauty. Beyond its aesthetic appeal, emerald is also renowned for its powerful metaphysical properties. Believed to possess numerous benefits, this gemstone is often worn as jewelry or used in crystal healing practices. In this article, we will explore the benefits of emerald, the best day and time to wear it, and how to energize this precious stone for maximum results.
Benefits of Emerald Stone:
Enhances Mental Clarity and Focus: Emerald is known to stimulate intellectual abilities and enhance mental clarity. It helps in sharpening the memory, improving analytical skills, and promoting logical thinking. Wearing emerald can be particularly beneficial for students, researchers, or anyone involved in activities that require mental agility.
Promotes Emotional Balance: Embracing the soothing energies of emerald can assist in promoting emotional balance and harmony. This gemstone is believed to calm turbulent emotions, reduce anxiety, and foster inner peace. By wearing an emerald, one may experience a greater sense of tranquility and emotional well-being.
Attracts Prosperity and Abundance: Emerald has long been associated with wealth and abundance. It is said to attract financial prosperity and opportunities, making it a popular choice among individuals seeking success in their careers or businesses. Wearing emerald jewelry or keeping it close can serve as a reminder of one’s intentions for attracting prosperity into their life.
Best Day and Time to Wear Emerald:
The day and time chosen for wearing an emerald can influence its energy and impact. According to Vedic astrology, Wednesday is considered the most auspicious day for wearing emerald. Additionally, it is advisable to wear this stone during the planetary hour of Mercury, which falls between sunrise and one hour after sunrise. By following these guidelines, one can align themselves with the favorable planetary vibrations associated with emerald.
How to Energize Emerald?
To unlock the maximum potential of an emerald stone, it is important to energize it appropriately. Here are a few methods to energize your emerald:
Sunlight: Placing your emerald in direct sunlight for a few hours can help cleanse and recharge its energies. The sun’s rays are believed to revitalize the stone and enhance its metaphysical properties.
Moonlight: Another method of energizing emerald is by exposing it to the soft glow of moonlight. Leave your emerald outdoors overnight during a full moon, allowing it to absorb the lunar energy. This practice can enhance the stone’s intuitive and emotional aspects.
Mantras and Affirmations: Reciting specific mantras or affirmations while holding your emerald can infuse it with your intentions. Choose a mantra or affirmation that aligns with your goals and aspirations, and repeat it several times, focusing your energy into the stone.
Cleansing with Water: To purify your emerald, rinse it with clean water while visualizing any negative energy being washed away. This process can restore the stone’s natural vibrancy and clarity.
The 4 Cs of Emerald Evaluation
Similar to other gemstones, emeralds are evaluated based on the well-established criteria known as the 4 Cs: Colour, Clarity, Cut, and Carat weight. Let’s explore each of these factors in detail to understand how they contribute to the overall quality and value of an emerald.
Colour: The Essence of Emeralds
As mentioned earlier, colour is paramount when assessing an emerald’s quality. The ideal emerald exhibits a vibrant and pure green hue. The colour should be evenly distributed, without any visible zoning or colour variations. Emeralds with a slight bluish or yellowish secondary hue are considered less desirable. A high-quality emerald will captivate the eye with its intense and alluring green colour.
Clarity: The Window to Perfection
Clarity refers to the presence of inclusions or internal flaws within an emerald. Due to the unique formation process of emeralds, it is common for these gemstones to have visible inclusions. These inclusions, often referred to as “Jardin” (French for garden), are considered a natural characteristic of emeralds. However, emeralds with high transparency and minimal inclusions are highly valued.
Cut: Enhancing Brilliance and Beauty
The cut of an emerald plays a crucial role in maximizing its brilliance and showcasing its colour to its full potential. Skilled lapidaries carefully cut and shape emeralds to accentuate their best features. The most common cut for emeralds is the rectangular step cut, also known as the emerald cut. This cut allows the gemstone to display its colour and internal characteristics with elegance and sophistication.
Carat Weight: Determining Size and Rarity
Carat weight is a measurement of an emerald’s size and weight. Larger emeralds are generally rarer and, therefore, more valuable. However, it is important to note that carat weight alone does not dictate the worth of an emerald. The interplay of colour, clarity, and cut is equally significant in determining an emerald’s value.
Caring for Your Emeralds: Preservation and Maintenance
- Gentle Handling: Emeralds are relatively softer gemstones compared to others, such as diamonds. When handling your emeralds, it is important to do so with care. Avoid dropping them or subjecting them to sudden impacts that could cause chips or fractures.
- Avoid Exposure to Harsh Chemicals: Emeralds are sensitive to chemicals and solvents. To protect their lustre and brilliance, avoid exposing them to harsh substances such as household cleaners, perfumes, hairsprays, and chlorine. It is best to remove your emerald jewellery before engaging in activities that may expose them to chemicals.
- Regular Cleaning: Clean your emeralds regularly to remove dirt, oils, and debris that can accumulate over time. To clean them, gently wipe the surface of the gemstone with a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with mild soapy water. Be cautious not to immerse your emeralds in water, as prolonged exposure to moisture can damage them.
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Emeralds are sensitive to extreme temperature changes. Avoid subjecting them to sudden shifts in temperature, such as placing them in hot water or exposing them to extreme heat sources. Thermal shock can cause cracks or fractures in the gemstone.
- Safe Storage: When not wearing your emeralds, store them in a soft cloth pouch or a jewellery box with separate compartments. This will help prevent scratches and minimize contact with other gemstones or metals that could potentially cause damage.
- Professional Inspections and Maintenance: It is recommended to have your emerald jewellery inspected and professionally cleaned by a trusted jeweller on a periodic basis. They can assess the condition of your emeralds, check for any loose settings, and provide any necessary maintenance or repairs.
Emerald is a gemstone of immense beauty and metaphysical significance. By understanding its benefits, wearing it on the most auspicious day and time, and energizing it properly, one can maximize the positive effects of emerald. Whether seeking mental clarity, emotional balance, or financial prosperity, embracing this stunning green gemstone can be a powerful way to enhance various aspects of life and well-being.